CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Grandma's. Refuge.

Grandma's.

As usual, we had a great time visiting my parents in Springville this past weekend. Chris had a work conference to attend in Chicago, so what d'ya do? Go to grandma's, of course. It wasn't until I went to change Mason's diaper that I realized I forgot his suitcase. I was tempted to go back and get it, even though it was a 5 hour round trip; especially when I realized I also forgot our church clothes AND my toiletries bag. I guess that's what you get when you go to bed at midnight, get up at 5:30am, and try to get everything together by yourself. Oh well, we bought a few things and made do for the rest-and still had a great time.

Mason has pretty much grown out of his baby blankets and needed a bigger one, so first on our list of things to do (besides go to "Jump on It" and buy new stuff we already had but forgot), was make a blanket. And when making a blanket, why not a pillow case to match, too? We found some really soft Minky fabric and my mom got busy sewing. All I did was whip stitch one little part. The minky stretches and is hard to work with and I think that may be the last minky blanket my mom sews. Both the blanket and pillow case turned out really cute. Thanks, Mom!
Mom busily sewing.

Mason loves his new blanket and pillow,
I didn't hear even one protest against going to sleep;
he usually has something to say about it, but not lastnight!
Mason still enjoying his blanket in the morning.

All the boys were so excited that J and B were there. Every night was a late night and when we got home, Carter and tyler were so exhausted that they slept in until 9:30.

Brookie climbed into the chair with Carter to snuggle.


Mason and B having lunch.
The boys played a lot of video games while we were there. Most of the time, they were good at taking turns.
Tyler and J patiently waiting their turn.
And a BIG THANKS to Pam for taking care of our animals while we were gone. We couldn't have gone anywhere without someone to look after them.
Refuge.
Last month, we went to the Bear River Bird Refuge with Grandma Reutzel. It was hot, but the boys had a great time looking at all the birds and playing on the rocks. And I had a great time taking pictures and am anticipating another visit so I can bring my big camera.
Carter & Tyler.
Pam, Carter, Tyler, and Mason.
Mason getting ready to throw rocks into the water.

0 comments: