CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally

So, I decided to update my blog, finally. We've been having lots of fun (and sickness, and a broken computer) and now it is time to catch up.
We all had a great time at Christmas (I know, it was forever ago) and I managed to send only a few cards out and was planning on doing the rest digital but never got around to it, so here is our belated Christmas greetings:


We managed to get one decent photo, but the picture below is what most of the others looked like.

Time spent with family was awesome. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures because I was having too much fun and I forgot my memory card for my camera (thanks for the loaner, Richard).


We rang in the new year with Chris' family. It was fun and most of us made it just until the official New Year and then it was off to bed. Obviously, it was past everyone's bed time.






We celebrated all the January birthdays on the 10th and, again I forgot my memory card (thanks, again, Richard), so I snapped a few pictures of reluctant subjects while Chris informed me that I was not the official family photographer.






We signed the boys up for hockey, and they have been having a blast. We go 2 times a week and they wish they could go more. The pads and skates and everything is hard for a little kid to get on by himself, so I get to help them both get ready. It takes 20 minutes to get both of them dressed and ready (while I keep on eye on Mason), so I am happy to only go twice a week.

Carter

Tyler

Other fun photos:
Mason's newly discovered scowl

Tyler lost his first tooth



If you are squeamish, you might want to stop here. I debated whether or not I should post this picture, but it is unbelievable that this wound closed up over night, so I am posting it. Carter was sliding on the ice at recess yesterday and ran into a 5th grader who fell on top of him, called him an idot and left him there with this injury. But, as Chris pointed out, the "idiot" comment was "a correct assessment of his behavior". Especially considering they have been told many times not to slide on the ice. Carter now understands why they don't want the kids sliding on the ice at school.


Can't...Look...Away.

Carter got sick of me asking to see his cut, so I just took a picture (because it lasts longer, right?). Unbelievably, it healed shut over night and the only evidence is a small cut mark and some swelling.

3 comments:

San said...

I love the pictures. You are such great parents. It's always a joy to be around you "guys".

Holly said...

Thanks for the update Kristi. I feel like tons of things have happened that I don't know about. I miss you.

the Bachlers said...

Love all the photos and updates! Sorry we missed you in February. Aly and I may be up for a quick visit in April when my nephew goes into the MTC on the 22nd. I'll keep you posted as to my plans. Cool shot of Carter's mouth.